Please note that you have the right to object to us processing your personal information for our legitimate business purposes or for direct marketing purposes (including any related profiling we do to help ensure that our marketing is relevant to our customers’ interests). For more information about your right to object and how you can exercise it, please see section 12. WHAT ARE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Personal information (or personal data) is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of the Service).
Information you give to us
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Basic identity and contact information:We collect your name, title, postal/delivery address, email address and telephone number if you purchase any products on our Website. We may also collect some or all of this information if you:
- Register for “My Account” on our Website;
- Sign up to receive our marketing communications;
- Enter any of our competitions, contests, promotions, surveys or questionnaires, in which we may also collect your social media handle(s);
- Contact or correspond with us about the Service (or any component of it);
- Payment information:We collect your payment card details and billing address if you purchase any products on our Website. We won’t retain your payment card details for longer than is necessary in order to fulfill your order. However, if you register for “My Account”, you can choose to store your payment card details in your account so that you don’t have to re-enter your full payment card details the next time you make a purchase. Please see section 7. HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION KEPT SECURE? to find out more about how we safeguard your payment card details;
- Transaction information: We keep a record of your order history, including the products purchased and the date, time and value of each transaction, and your billing and shipping address;
- Account login: If you register for “My Account”, we keep a record of your account login username and email address in case you need reminding of these in the future;
- Correspondence and feedback: We collect any additional personal information that you may provide to us from time to time when you visit a Woolac online store, if you complete a survey or questionnaire or contact us by email, letter, telephone or through our Website. If you contact us by telephone, we may also record the call for training and service improvement purposes, and make notes in relation to your call;
- Marketing and communications preferences: We collect information regarding your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communications preferences.
Information we collect from other sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources:
- your browsing activity and use of the Service; and
- the device you have used to access our Website (including the make, model and operating system, internet protocol (IP) address (from which we may derive your geographic location), browser type and mobile device identifiers).
- Social Media: If you mention Woolac or Woolac-related information in a posting on any social media platform, such as Facebook, Instagram or YouTube, we may collect publicly-available information about your post, including your name, social media handle, your location, the date and time of your post, the content of your post and any images and/or videos included with your post. We will only collect data that the social media provider has expressly permitted us to receive as a result of your privacy settings on those social media platforms. We do not have any control over the privacy practices of the social media platforms; please see their privacy statements for details of how they use your personal information, whom they share it with and how to manage your privacy settings on those platforms.
We use the personal information that you submit to us or that we collect about you through your use of the Service for the following purposes:
To process your orders and returns
We need to use your personal information to process any orders and returns you make in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. This activity includes contacting you to confirm when you have successfully placed an order, managing payments, fees and charges, and collecting and recovering any money owed to us. It requires us to process your identity and contact information, payment information and transaction information.
To register you for, and manage, “My Account”
If you wish to create an account using the “My Account” service, we need to process your identity and contact information. You will also be asked to provide account login details. Once the account has been created, we use this information to identify you as a new or returning customer and manage your account going forward. This includes keeping a record of your account login details (your username and email address) in case you need reminding of these in the future.
To provide you with the services available through our Website
In order to provide certain services through our Website, we need to process your personal information. For example, Woolac uses your personal information for the following purposes with respect to providing you with services available through our Website:
- “Help” or “Live Chat”: Woolac customer service representatives may communicate with you in real time to assist you with any questions you have while you are on the Website;
- Job Application: if you apply for a job through our Website, you will be asked to provide your name, an email address and other personal details to help us with recruitment process.
- Newsletter: to sign up to our newsletter, we will collect your email address in order to send you the newsletters.
To manage your relationship with us
Our marketing communications
If you have provided your consent to do so, we will use your identity, contact information and preferences to send you marketing communications by email about our products and services, including our newsletters and details of special offers and promotions which we think might be of interest to you.
You can unsubscribe or opt-out of our marketing communications at any time. See section 13. HOW CAN I OPT-OUT/UNSUBSCRIBE FROM WOOLAC MARKETING EMAILS? for details of how to do this.
Our use of automated decision-making and profiling
What this means for you is that, if you have agreed to receiving marketing communications from us, you are more likely to receive messages, special offers and promotions that we think you might like and are tailored to your preferences, based on your previous activity. It also means that we do not send the same marketing communications to all of our customers, so you may not be made the same offers as another customer.
In addition, we may use the information we collect about your preferences in order to display content and offers on our Website that are more relevant to you and your interests.
This may include delivering targeted advertising on our Website that you access, or limiting the number of times you see a particular advertisement.
Please note that the legal basis for us tailoring our marketing communications to your preferences is that it is in our legitimate interests to do so, having taken into account whether your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms are overridden by this type of processing. See section 5. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR WOOLAC’S USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION? for more information about what our legitimate interests are.
To communicate with you on social media
If you include Woolac or Woolac-related information in a social media posting, we may use the publicly-available information that you post to communicate with you regarding the post. We may also aggregate the data with data from other social media posts regarding Woolac (from which you cannot be identified) to better understand and more effectively manage Woolac’s social media presence and marketing campaigns.
To run competitions and contests
If you choose to enter a competition, contest or survey that we run, including those that we run on third-party sites, we need to use your identity and contact information and any other personal information that you provide at the time of entry so that we can manage the competition or contest (as applicable).
To administer and protect our business and Website
We process your personal information in the course of administering our business and Website. This includes troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
To use data analytics to improve our Website marketing and the services available through our Website
We rely on the use of personal information to build a clearer picture of our customers both as a group and as individuals. Doing this we are using cookies and similar technologies to capture and analyse your use of our Website, the services available through them and your interaction with any marketing communications that we send to you. It is also possible, that we will also aggregate this information on an anonymous basis with information relating to other customers for analytical purposes.
This enables us to serve you better as a customer as the information we gather helps us to improve:
- our Website and the information technology systems (including security) that are used to operate them;
- our product selection and the services we provide through our Website; and
- the effectiveness of our marketing communications to you.
To provide and improve Customer Care
We use your personal information to be able to provide and improve our Customer Care service. For example, we use the personal information we hold about you to help us address any inquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing the Service to you.
To conduct market research
We may invite you to be involved in market research, such as customer surveys or questionnaires. If you accept our invitation, we will use your feedback to improve the Service. If you tell us that you don’t wanted to be contacted about market research, or you don’t accept our invitation, we will respect this choice and it won’t affect your ability to access and use the Service.
To comply with our legal obligations and to detect, prevent and investigate other actual or suspected violations of law or misuse of our Service
In certain circumstances, we use your personal information only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, prevent and investigate fraud or to facilitate the exercise of your consumer rights. In addition, we may need to use your personal information to detect, prevent and investigate any other actual or suspected violations of law or misuse of our Service.
Data protection law requires us to only process your personal information if there is a legal basis for us to do so. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different legal bases for the processing we carry out. These are as follows:
In certain circumstances, we process your personal information after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- sending you marketing communications;
- conducting market research;
Necessary for the performance of a contract between us
It is necessary for us to process your identity and contact information, payment information, transaction information and account login details for the performance of certain contracts between us. This includes, for example, terms and conditions relating to the use of our Website and the services made available through it, the sale of our products and the operation of our competitions and contests. In particular, we rely on this legal ground to process your orders, returns and payments, register you for “My Account”, manage your account and your relationship with us, run competitions and contests and provide and improve Customer Care.
Necessary to comply with our legal obligations
In certain circumstances, we use your personal information only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, prevent and investigate fraud or to facilitate the exercise of your consumer rights.
Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests
- provide our customers with products and services that are as useful and beneficial as possible, including by personalizing our contact with customers and telling customers about offers that we think might be of interest to them;
- develop and improve our Website to enhance the customer experience;
- safeguard the security and effective operation of the Service;
- better understand our customer base by engaging with customers and conducting research into, and analysis of, how customers use each of our services and interact with us so that we can improve those services as well as our product selection, marketing activities and communications (all of which could also benefit you);
- train our staff so that we can provide our customers with a better customer service;
- ensure effective operational management and internal administration of our business, including in relation to keeping our records, Website updated, document retention, IT security, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defense of legal claims; and
- provide a safer, more secure environment for visitors, staff and to protect our property.
- Third party service providers:For the purpose of operating our business, we may need to transfer your personal information to our third-party service providers who use that information to conduct Woolac business on our instructions and act as “data processors” on our behalf for the purposes of applicable data protection law. Some of our third-party service providers are located in countries outside of the EEA and where we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we make sure adequate safeguards are used to protect your personal information, including using specific contracts approved by the European Commission and/or ensuring the service providers located in the United States are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield as further described in section 8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
For example, our third-party service providers assist us with credit card processing, shipping, data management, email distribution, information analysis, promotions management and other related services for Woolac. We provide our preferred service providers with the personal information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure your personal information is protected.
- Recipients resulting from legal requirements: We may disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, sharing information with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or actual or suspected violation of law or misuse of our Service that may expose us and/or any customer or third party to legal risks or liability; and
- to successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our business.
We have put in place a variety of security measures to protect the personal information we collect about you from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized manner, altered or disclosed.
For example, to ensure the information you provide online is secure during transmission, we use encryption technology and Secure Socket Layers (SSL). These controls are certified by GlobalSign®. You can review our security certificate using your browser by clicking on the closed lock or GlobalSign icon at the bottom of the page. This will display the Service security information.
As mentioned above, you can choose to store your credit/debit card information in your “My Account” if you wish. To protect your security in these circumstances, we encrypt all stored credit/debit card information and we do not store your card’s CVV/CVC number (which, as a precautionary measure, you are required to provide each time you place an order with us). If you choose not to store your credit/debit card information in an account with us, we will only temporarily store your entire encrypted credit/debit card information for as long as is necessary in order to validate your credit card (for example, to automatically contact a credit card company for verification). Once we have done this, we will securely delete your credit/debit card information from our systems.
- In accordance with GDPR Article 46(2), we use specific contracts approved by the European Commission, which give personal information the same protection it has within the EEA. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- In accordance with GDPR Article 45, where we use service providers based in the United States, we may transfer personal information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the EU and US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
The information in section 6. WITH WHOM DOES WOOLAC SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION? sets out details of which of these safeguards is used to transfer your personal information to each of the third parties based outside of the EEA.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (a “Child“). If you become aware that your Child or a Child for which you have parental responsibility has provided personal information to us without your consent, email email@example.com.
If we become aware that a Child has submitted personal information to us, we will promptly delete the information and we will not disclose it to third parties.
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain information for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law;
- the warranty period for any products you have purchased from us;
- potential or actual disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely delete your personal information from our systems when it is no longer needed.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
a) Right to be informed
b) Right of access
c) Right to rectification
You have the right to request that we rectify any personal information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If you have a “My Account” with us, you can also view and update your contact information, billing and shipping addresses at any time by logging into your “My Account” on our Website. See section 14. HOW CAN I ACCESS, UPDATE OR DELETE “MY ACCOUNT” INFORMATION? for further details.
d) Right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of the personal information that we hold about you. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions. For example, we have the right to continue using your personal information if such use is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If you have a “My Account” with us, you can delete your account at any time by logging into your “My Account” on our Website. See section 14. HOW CAN I ACCESS, UPDATE OR DELETE “MY ACCOUNT” INFORMATION? for further details.
e) Right to restrict processing
You have the right to restrict further use of your personal information where you believe that the information, we hold about you is inaccurate, our use of such information is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the information for the purposes for which we hold it. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further.
f) Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and (where technically feasible) to have such information transmitted to another “data controller”, where: (a) this is personal information you provided to us; (b) we are processing such information on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you; and (c) the processing is carried out by automated means.
g) Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information for our legitimate business purposes or for direct marketing purposes (including in each case any related profiling).
h) Right to withdraw consent to processing
If you have given your consent to us to process your personal information for a particular purpose (for example, in respect of marketing communications), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal information up to that point is unlawful).
i) Right to make a complaint to the Ireland data protection commission
You have the right to make a complaint to the data protection commission if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal information or believe our processing of your personal information does not comply with applicable data protection law.
Please note that if you ask us to stop using your personal information in a certain way or erase your personal information, and this type of use or personal information is required by us in order to facilitate your use of the Service in any way, you may not be able to use the Service as you did before. This does not include your right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, which you can do so at any time without restriction.
If for any reason you would like to stop receiving emails sent by Woolac that notify you of upcoming events, promotions, sales, new products or contain other marketing content, simply click the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of every email. This will direct you to an unsubscribe page where you can opt out of receiving our marketing emails.
Accounts may be created during the ordering process. You can login to or manage your account by clicking the “My Account” link at the top of any page on our Website.
After logging in, you will be able to modify your identity and contact information, update your billing and shipping addresses and payment card details (if you have chosen to store this information in your account), view past orders, or delete your account completely.
For security purposes, credit/debit card information is not saved with your account unless you specifically request that it be saved. In no circumstances will we store your card’s CVV/CVC number.
Remember that you are responsible for protecting the user name and password for your account and you will be responsible for all activity occurring through the use of your user name and password.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any inquiry or complaint or believe our use of your personal information does not comply with applicable data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Ireland’s data protection commission.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive; or we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. However, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your use of the Service.